Summer 2017 EVENTS CALENDAR
Compiled by Jeff Ackerman, Events Director
There are four geographic areas where rides start depending on the direction the riders will be traveling.
- The QuikTrip at 2791 Dunn Rd.; it’s the QuikTrip at New Halls Ferry and Dunn on the north side of I-270.
- The McStop (McDonald’s/Phillips 66) at Pevely (Exit 180 off I-55 at Z) — OR —
Dierberg’s mall parking lot, south end, off Hwy. 21, just south of I-270 (on the left hand or east side of 21 at the first light) —OR — Pink Elephant on Hwy. 141 and Schneider Rd.; just north of Hwy. 21 (across the road from the QuikTrip at Hwy. 141 & Schneider).
- The QuikTrip off I-70 (exit 222) by I-370 at Mid Rivers Mall (on the north side in St. Peters); — OR —
BP Gas Station just south of Hwy. 40 (I-64) on Long Rd.; — OR —
The QuikTrip in Eureka, just south of I-44 (exit 264) on 109.
- The Dierberg’s on 21 (south) —OR —
QuikTrip at 2791 Dunn (north) – See above.
Forever Endeavor is gearing up to restart their shop rides every 3rd Saturday of the month. Typically meet at 8:00 / leave 8:15, followed by a hearty breakfast at 518 East Osage, Pacific, 63069. 636-938-7336 Watch their website for details (abcbmw.com). I will send out an Email when plans are finalized.
NOTE: We may be posting some impromptu rides during the week over the summer. Watch the Facebook page and the website or an Email. These will typically be short notice rides for lunch or dinner when the weather is nice.
NOTE: Classic bike night is the first Monday of the month from March through November, 6pm-9pm at Schlafly Bottleworks, 7260 Southwest Ave. (at Manchester) Maplewood, MO 63143
* June 19: 25th Annual Ride to Work Day – Let the Events Director know if you rode to work today and he will give you ride credit. This is one that the retirees (like your events director) will miss out on but I doubt that breaks their heart. However, if you ride to the hardware store or anything remotely resembling work today (even if you are retired) let me know and I will give you credit. http://www.ridetowork.org.
* June 24: Take an early summer ride to Hardin with Chris. Meet at the QuikTrip at 2791 Dunn Rd. (see above) at 9:00 a.m./leave 9:30. Chris Kerckhoff , 314.422.1888.
* July 6-8: 44th BMW RA Rally in beautiful Petoskey, Michigan on the shores of Lake Michigan. See the http://bmwra.org for details.
* July 8: Take a hot summer ride with Phil. Meet at the Quik Trip in Eureka (see above) at 9:00/Leave 9:30 Phil Sulfstede 314-910-9663
* July 13-16: 45th BMW MOA Rally in Salt Lake City, UT. Great riding, seminars, workshops, live music and friends – the list is endless. See the MOA magazine or www.bmwmoa.org for details.
NOTE: No meeting in July (except at the National, if you go.)
* July 16: Today is National Ice Cream day and if you didn’t go to the National; take an afternoon ride to Sara’s Ice Cream and Antiques in Ste. Genevieve. Meet at the BP station on Long Rd. (see above) at 1:00/Leave at 1:30. Dave Anderson : 978-395-5555
* July 23: Evening ride for ice cream (and dinner if you like) to the Dar E Creame at Hwy. 30 and BB. This is a neat ice cream place that also has great sandwiches. The club has been there several times but it has been a few years. Meet at the Quik-Trip in Eureka at 5:45/Leave at 6:15. Arrive about 7 PM. Dave Mattis 314-968-1186
* July 29: Take a summer ride with Jim, he is leaving early to avoid the heat. Meet at the BP station on Long Rd. (see above) at 7:30/Leave 8:00 Jim Shaw 314-521-0341
* Aug. 5: Rich Leslie is leading a ride to Steelville for BBQ. Meet at the Quik-Trip in Eureka (see above) at 9:00/Leave 9:30 Rich Leslie 314-604-9976
* Aug. 12: The Washington County Fair is underway at the Lion’s Den in Potosi (where we hold the rally). Take a ride down to the fair and spend some money to help out the Lion’s. Meet at the Dierberg’s Mall (see above) at 8:00/Leave 8:30 Jeff Ackerman 314-239-4504
* August 16: Wednesday General Meeting at Miss Sheri’s at 9967 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63122. When you come through the doors, the meeting room is to the left. They need us out earlier, so arrive no later than 6:30 if you plan on eating. Meeting starts at 7:15 sharp.
* Aug. 20: Take an all-day ride with Larry to the Bixby General Store. Meet at the McStop in Pevely (see above) at 7:30/Leave at 8:00. Larry Floyd 314-233-5192
August 21 (Monday): Ride down to Weingarten to watch the total solar eclipse with Phil. The area of totality is a narrow strip running south of St. Louis and we have to travel to somewhere south (or west) to see the total eclipse (around two minutes centered around 1:20 pm at Weingarten). Get your eclipse glasses early to directly view the eclipse. Meet at the Quik-Trip in Eureka (see above) at 9:00/Leave 9:30 Phil Sulfstede 314-910-9663 Not a point ride because of being on a Monday
* Aug. 26: GS Ride in Warren County, we will take a variation on one of routes set up by the old KTM dealer and end up in Hermann. This is a GS (not a gravel road) ride and will include riding through Lost Creek for about 100 yds. as well as numerous low water crossings. Meet at the BP station on Long Rd. (see above) at 8:00 / Leave at 8:30 Jeff Ackerman 314-239-4504
Events that are starred * are point events. Any motorcycle rallies greater than 200 miles away or any BMW rallies are point rides, even if not listed. Note: See the MOA magazine or website: www.bmwmoa.org for more rally information.