Winter 2017/2018 EVENTS CALENDAR
Compiled by Jeff Ackerman, Events Director
There are four geographic areas where rides start depending on the direction the riders will be traveling.
- The QuikTrip at 2791 Dunn Rd.; it’s the QuikTrip at New Halls Ferry and Dunn on the north side of I-270.
- The McStop (McDonald’s/Phillips 66) at Pevely (Exit 180 off I-55 at Z) — OR —
Dierberg’s mall parking lot, south end, off Hwy. 21, just south of I-270 (on the left hand or east side of 21 at the first light) —OR — Pink Elephant on Hwy. 141 and Schneider Rd.; just north of Hwy. 21 (across the road from the QuikTrip at Hwy. 141 & Schneider).
- The QuikTrip off I-70 (exit 222) by I-370 at Mid Rivers Mall (on the north side in St. Peters); — OR —
BP Gas Station just south of Hwy. 40 (I-64) on Long Rd.; — OR —
The QuikTrip in Eureka, just south of I-44 (exit 264) on 109.
- The Dierberg’s on 21 (south) —OR —
QuikTrip at 2791 Dunn (north) – See above.
Shop Rides: No scheduling information available at this time.
NOTE: Classic bike night is the first Monday of the month from March through November, 6pm-9pm at Schlafly Bottleworks, 7260 Southwest Ave. (at Manchester) Maplewood, MO 63143
Holiday Open Houses:
Dec. 16: (Saturday): Gateway BMW Holiday Open House from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be lots of goodies and Honz is always making some great deals. If you are interested in a new bike, come prepared to buy.
Dec. 23: Both Mungenast and Donelson are having their Christmas Open Houses. It was suggested to start at Mungenast and end up at Donelson because Mungenast opens earlier and Donelson is open later
Mungenast: 10 am to 2 pm at 5625 & 5626 Gravois Ave, St. Louis, MO 63116
Donelson: 10:30 to 3 pm at 9851 St. Charles Rock Rd. | Saint Ann, MO
* Dec. 20: Wednesday General Meeting at Miss Sheri’s at 9967 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63122. When you come through the doors, the meeting room is to the left. They need us out by 8 pm, so arrive no later than 6:30 if you plan on eating. Meeting starts at 7:00 sharp.
* Dec. 31: New Year’s Eve Party – Celebrate 2018 with Tracy and Dave (Andy) Anderson at 14401 Marmont Drive, Chesterfield, MO 63017 on the corner of Marmont Drive and Stablestone Drive. They have a two story grey Salt Box. Parking is available on both streets and their driveway. Show up at 8 pm (or later) and bring your favorite snacks; beer and soda provided along with champagne at Midnight. See the first map below. 978-395-5555 (Dave’s cell)
|New Year’s Eve at Tracy and Dave’s House – 14401 Marmont Drive
* Jan. 1: New Year’s Ride (weather permitting): Jim Shaw is leading the ride to a TBD destination. Meet at the Quick Trip at 2791 Dunn Rd., see above at 9:30 AM/Leave at 10:00 If it is really cold or bad weather the group ride will be cancelled. If you can’t make the club ride, Jeff, the Events Director, gives anyone credit for any ride they take on New Year’s Day (whether 1 block to 400+ mi.); just let him know.
January 13 & 14: 4th Annual STL Motorcycle Show. There will be a local show again this year; last year it was a nice show. It is Inside the Dome at America’s Center in Exhibit Hall #1 and #2. Hours: 10 am to 7 pm Saturday and 10 am to 4 pm Sunday. There is a two for one entrance coupon and more information on the website. http://stlmotorcycleshow.com/
* Jan. 17: Wednesday General Meeting at Miss Sheri’s at 9967 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63122. When you come through the doors, the meeting room is to the left. They need us out by 8 pm, so arrive no later than 6:30 if you plan on eating. Meeting starts at 7:00 sharp.
* Jan. 27: Ice Racing at the Family Arena in St. Charles. Racing starts at 7:30 PM. Meet at the Cracker Barrel at 901 Fairlane Road, St. Charles, MO (just off 5th St. at I70) at 5:30 if you want to have dinner with the group beforehand.
* Feb. 4: 52nd Super Bowl Party with Jill and Liz Schroer this year in memory of Al and Jill’s hosting the party the past couple years. Bring snacks and your favorite beverage if you don’t like beer or soda. The game starts in the late afternoon (around 5 PM), show up 1 hr. before game time for pre-game festivities. 8 Upper Whitmoor Dr., Weldon Spring, MO. 63304 See the map below. Jill Schroer 314-488-9710
|Super Bowl party at Jill and Liz Schroer’s house – 8 Upper Whitmoor Dr. 314-488-9710
NOTE: Diana Votow has volunteered to host the St. Pat’s party so Jill and Liz can host the Super Bowl party. Details in the next events.
* Feb. 21: Wednesday General Meeting at Miss Sheri’s at 9967 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63122. When you come through the doors, the meeting room is to the left. They need us out by 8 pm, so arrive no later than 6:30 if you plan on eating. Meeting starts at 7:00 sharp.
* Feb. 25: “Woo’s Folly” ride to Diamond Mineral Springs. Meet at the Quik Trip at 2791 Dunn Rd., (see above) at 9:45 AM/Leave 10:15. (We’ll take cars if the weather is bad.) Jeff Ackerman 314-239-4504
Events that are starred * are point events. Any motorcycle rallies greater than 200 miles away or any BMW rallies are point rides, even if not listed. Note: See the MOA magazine or website: www.bmwmoa.org for more rally information.