Summer 2017 EVENTS CALENDAR
Compiled by Jeff Ackerman, Events Director
There are four geographic areas where rides start depending on the direction the riders will be traveling.
- The QuikTrip at 2791 Dunn Rd.; it’s the QuikTrip at New Halls Ferry and Dunn on the north side of I-270.
- The McStop (McDonald’s/Phillips 66) at Pevely (Exit 180 off I-55 at Z) — OR —
Dierberg’s mall parking lot, south end, off Hwy. 21, just south of I-270 (on the left hand or east side of 21 at the first light) —OR — Pink Elephant on Hwy. 141 and Schneider Rd.; just north of Hwy. 21 (across the road from the QuikTrip at Hwy. 141 & Schneider).
- The QuikTrip off I-70 (exit 222) by I-370 at Mid Rivers Mall (on the north side in St. Peters); — OR —
BP Gas Station just south of Hwy. 40 (I-64) on Long Rd.; — OR —
The QuikTrip in Eureka, just south of I-44 (exit 264) on 109.
- The Dierberg’s on 21 (south) —OR —
QuikTrip at 2791 Dunn (north) – See above.
Shop Rides: NONE SCHEDULED AT THIS TIME.
NOTE: Classic bike night is the first Monday of the month from March through November, 6pm-9pm at Schlafly Bottleworks, 7260 Southwest Ave. (at Manchester) Maplewood, MO 63143
* August 16: Wednesday General Meeting at Miss Sheri’s at 9967 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63122. When you come through the doors, the meeting room is to the left. They need us out earlier, so arrive no later than 6:30 if you plan on eating. Meeting starts at 7:15 sharp.
* Aug. 20: Take an all-day ride with Larry to the Bixby General Store. Meet at the McStop in Pevely (see above) at 7:30/Leave at 8:00. Larry Floyd 314-233-5192
August 21 (Monday): Ride down to Weingarten to watch the total solar eclipse with Phil. The area of totality is a narrow strip running south of St. Louis and we have to travel to somewhere south (or west) to see the total eclipse (around two minutes centered around 1:20 pm at Weingarten). Get your eclipse glasses early to directly view the eclipse. Meet at the Quik-Trip in Eureka (see above) at 9:00/Leave 9:30 Phil Sulfstede 314-910-9663 Not a point ride because of being on a Monday
* Aug. 26: GS Ride in Warren County, we will take a variation on one of routes set up by the old KTM dealer and end up in Hermann. This is a GS (not a gravel road) ride and will include riding through Lost Creek for about 100 yds. as well as numerous low water crossings. Meet at the BP station on Long Rd. (see above) at 8:00 / Leave at 8:30 Jeff Ackerman 314-239-4504
* Aug. 27: For those who didn’t go on the GS ride yesterday, Chris has a road ride to Caledonia. Meet at the Quik-Trip in Eureka (see above) at 9:00/Leave 9:30 Chris Kerckhoff 314.422.1888
* Aug. 25-27: 21st Galena Campout, join the BMW Motorrad Club of Northern Illinois in Galena IL, for their campout at the family friendly Palace Campgrounds near the Mississippi River.
No formal ride Labor Day weekend. Try the Springfield Mile on Sunday. It is great racing with the winner and second place typically separated by inches. Donelson has tickets on sale or organize an impromptu ride. The new Indians are tearing up the competition; they finished 1st, 2nd, and 4th at the Memorial Day weekend Springfield mile this year with only 3 Indians running.
Sept. 9 and 10: There will be flat track racing in Jerseyville and will include vintage flat trackers, Bultacos, and quads racing on the half mile track. Gates open at 8 am at the American Legion Fairgrounds, 1401 West Main Street, Jerseyville, Il. These are sponsored by the Splinter Creek Dirt Riders. http://www.splintercreek.com
* Sept 8-10: The Wisconsin BMW Club invites you to RALLY FOR A REASON, at our new location – Camp Wawbeek (1450 State Hwy 13, Wisconsin Dells) an Easter Seals Camp. Lots of shade & scenic paths await you. There’s more room to camp this year plus live music both nights and a pig roast Saturday. Check out our website for more details Wisconsin BMW Motorrad Club
* Sept 10: Rider’s Choice with lots of fall festivals, church dinners, etc. going on. Meet at the BP station on Long Rd. (see above) at 9:00 / Leave at 9:30. Ride Leader Needed
* Sept. 16: Pre-Rally Tech Session at Dave Leligdon’s at 9:00 AM. Send him an Email at email@example.com if you need something for the session or want to cover a specific task. 2 Autumn Peak Court, in Summit Heights sub-division, just off Hwy 141 and Hwy 30, Fenton, MO. 314-575-9454
I haven’t seen anything on a Dinky Dozen campout this year; but will post the info if I find out there is one.
* Sept. 20: Wednesday General Meeting at Miss Sheri’s at 9967 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63122. When you come through the doors, the meeting room is to the left. They need us out earlier, so arrive no later than 6:30 if you plan on eating. Meeting starts at 7:00 sharp.
* Sept. 23: Saturday Lunch ride to Ste. Genevieve; with the after lunch trip home via Modoc Ferry and River Road back to the JB Bridge. Meet at the Dierberg’s on 21(see above) at 9:00/Leave 9:30. Bring $7 in cash for the river crossing. Hope to see you there. Dave Anderson 978-395-5555
* Sept. 22-24: 31st Hoosier Beemers Rally at Muscatatuck County Park in Vernon, IN. One mile south of US 50 on State Road 7. Contact Jeff Kernen, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Sept. 29 – Oct. 1: The RAMS invite you to the 5th “RAMS Rally” at Parker’s Crossroads RV Park and Campground, 22580 Highway 22 North, Parker’s Crossroads, Tenn. 1.5 miles north of 1-40 exit 108. GPS Coordinates: 35.809182 -88.389067. For more information, visit our website: www.bmwrams.com .
Sept. 30 – Oct. 1: Adventure Palooza (Sept 30, 2017) WILL BE AN EVENT LIKE NO OTHER! Adventure Palooza will test your ability to not only navigate your adventure bike, but challenge you to complete certain tasks (don’t be intimidated, this will be a blast!) A quick summary is on the notecard below, and LOTS of details below that. If you need more check out the FAQ. If you already realize this is EPIC and you don’t want to miss out then PLEASE REGISTER NOW We are have something really great in store for anyone participating in this dual sport ride! Excellent GPS TRACKS setup on adventure routes we have worked out from North, South, East & West converging on Adventure Palooza on Sept 30, 2017 with food, live music, overnight camping. Also using an APP to make this a new experience, please check our webpage for moredetails: www.ADVENTURERIDERSLLC.com
* Oct. 1: Chris is leading a ride to Two Dudes BBQ. Meet at the Eureka Quik Trip (see above) at 9:00/Leave 9:30. Chris Kerckhoff 314.422.1888
NOTE: THERE IS A WEEK GAP BETWEEN THE RAMS RALLY AND FALLING LEAF THIS YEAR.
* Oct.7: Saturday Ride to Bixby Country Store for those that missed the earlier trip led by Larry. Different route, same beautiful scenery. Meet at the Eureka Quik Trip (see above) at 8:30/Leave 9:00. Fuel and rest stops included. Hope to see you there. Dave Anderson 978-395-5555
* Oct. 13-15: Our 42nd Falling Leaf Rally at Potosi, Mo. 60 mi. south of St. Louis. Take Hwy 21 south to Hwy 8, turn west through Potosi to Hwy 185, bear right to the Lion’s Club grounds. Rich Race 314-401-5790 or email to email@example.com
* Oct. 18: Wednesday General Meeting at Miss Sheri’s at 9967 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63122. When you come through the doors, the meeting room is to the left. They need us out earlier, so arrive no later than 6:30 if you plan on eating. Meeting starts at 7:00 sharp.
* Oct. 21: Hot Dog Roast – Sadly there is no hay ride this year but the post rally hot dog roast will start at 5:30 at Phil’s place (675 Gateswood Dr., Florissant, MO 63033 – See the April Newsletter for the Progressive Dinner breakfast map). Bring a covered dish or dessert, your beverage (if you don’t like beer or soda), plus a chair if you can. The club is providing hot dogs, buns, plates, beer, soda, etc. and we will probably give away the left over door prizes from the rally. Phil Sulfstede 314-910-9663
* Oct. 22: St. John’s GildeHaus Sausage Dinner; Take the scenic route down to the Church. We’ll leave early to beat the crowd. Meet at the BP on Long Rd. (see above) at 9:00/Leave 9:30. Jeff Ackerman 314-239-4504
* Oct. 29: Take an autumn ride with Jim. Meet at the BP station on Long Rd. (see above) at 8:30 / Leave at 9:00. Jim Shaw 314-521-0341
Events that are starred * are point events. Any motorcycle rallies greater than 200 miles away or any BMW rallies are point rides, even if not listed. Note: See the MOA magazine or website: www.bmwmoa.org for more rally information.